The cream color is a perfect combination of subtle colors like beige, gray, light brown, and peach. This particular color goes perfectly well with any type of home decor. It looks cozy while adding a touch of warmth to any ambiance. However, there are essential factors to consider while choosing the perfect cream rug. It starts with material and ends with proper maintenance to ensure long-term aesthetic benefits. Here are some important tips for your cream rugs:
Choosing The Right Material for Cream Rugs
Deciding on the right rug material for your space is important. You should think about how you’ll use the area, foot traffic, and how cozy you want it to feel. Here’s a short guide to common cream rug materials and their qualities.
- Pros– Strong, resists stains and water, feels cozy.
- Cons- Can get damp, might fade, sheds a bit at first.
- Best For – Living rooms, dining rooms, places with high-foot traffic.
- Pros- Feels soft, and looks luxurious.
- Cons- Needs professional cleaning, and catches the stains of footprints.
- Best For – Bedrooms, places with less foot traffic.
- Pros– Cheaper than wool or silk, easy to clean.
- Cons- Less durable.
- Best For – Kitchens, kids’ rooms, relaxed spaces.
Sisal, Jute, Sea Grass
- Pros- Very strong and eco-friendly.
- Cons- Rough texture and hard to clean.
- Best For – Living rooms, busy and sunny spots.
- Pros- Easy to clean
- Cons- Doesn’t always feel luxurious.
- Best for – Hallways and outdoor use.
Remember: Rug pads are essential for safety and durability. Choose a rug pad based on functionality, not just cost. Good rug pads last several years and provide grip and cushioning.
Choosing the right size cream rugs
Accurate measurements at home will help you find the ideal rug size for each specific room, enhancing both functionality and aesthetics. When selecting the right size for your cream rugs, here are some essential sizing details to consider:
In the living room, selecting the right rug size is crucial for a harmonious space. The rug should extend beyond the sofa. Width-wise, it should cover at least 1/3 of the sofa’s length. Consider how the cream rug will frame the seating area. Size guide:
- For a 2-seat sofa- 195 x 133 cm
- For a 3-seat sofa- 240×170 cm.
- For a combination of a 2-seat sofa and a 3-seat sofa with a chaise lounge- 300×200 cm
- For a 2+3 corner sofa- a circular rug with a diameter of Ø195 cm or a rectangular rug measuring 300×200 cm
- For larger living spaces- 350×250 cm or 300×200 cm
For a larger rug under the bed, it should extend about 50 cm beyond the bed’s edges. If you are going for smaller cream rugs beside the bed, use an anti-slip underlay to keep it in place. Size guide:
- Double bed- 80×50 cm (to keep both sides of the bed), 170×240 cm and 200×300 cm (to place underneath the bed), and Ø130 cm (to slide under the bed to cover both feet area in a semi-circle shape).
- Single bed- 133×195 cm (to place underneath the bed), 80×150 cm (to place beside the bed for ample foot coverage), 0130 cm (to place beside the bed for aesthetic feel), and 55×85 cm (to place beside the bed for smaller rooms).
The cream rug should be larger than the dining table and chairs set. Make sure there’s 60-80 cm of rug on each side of the table to accommodate chairs. Size guide:
- 2-seat dining table- 80×150 cm and 133×195 cm
- 4-seat dining table- 240×170 cm and 300×200 cm
- 6-seat dining table- 300×200 cm
Start with a durable doormat near the entrance. If space allows, place a wider hallway rug further in to protect high-traffic areas. Use anti-slip underlay for safety in busy spots. Size guide:
- For spacious and square area: 133×195 cm
- For narrow and rectangle area: 80×150 cm
Choose outdoor-approved cream rugs for balconies and terraces. Make sure the rug material is resistant to outdoor conditions, including rain, snow, and sun. Ideal sizes are 133×195 cm, 80×150 cm, and 170×240 cm.
Maintenance Tips for Cream Rugs
Rugs aren’t just floor coverings; they’re beautiful interior accents that make our homes cozy. To keep your cream rugs looking good and lasting a long time, it’s important to take care of them properly. Here are some simple tips:
Use a vacuum with a gentle setting or a handheld one to get rid of loose dirt and dust from the rug’s surface and fibers. Vacuum at least once a week, especially in busy areas, to stop dirt from getting deep into the rug.
Quickly Clean Spills
Spills happen, but dealing with them quickly can prevent stains on a cream rug. Blot the spill gently with a clean cloth or paper towel to soak up as much liquid as you can. Don’t rub it, as that can spread the stain. If needed, use a mild detergent made for rugs and follow the instructions for spot cleaning.
Get Professional Cleaning
Regular care is important, but sometimes you need a pro to deep clean and refresh your cream rug. Hire a professional rug cleaning service because they have the right tools and know-how to get rid of deep dirt, allergens, and stains. You might need professional cleaning every 1 to 3 years.
These are the important guidelines to follow while choosing and maintaining your favorite cream rug. If you are looking for some amazing options for new purchases, visit the collection of Miss Amara. Check out the amazing price range for high-quality rugs in various shades of cream.